State Health Assessment Report
The State Health Assessment 2020, Arkansas’s Big Health Problems Report provides scientific evidence of the health status of people in Arkansas. It is the foundation upon which the State Health Improvement Plan and the Agency’s Strategic Plan are based. The report is an updated edition of the 2013 publication “Arkansas’s Big Health Problems and How We Plan to Solve Them”. It is available in print or book versions as well as in PDF format.
The State Health Assessment 2020 Report provides information on the risk factors contributing to poor health outcomes among Arkansans. It also provides public health, health care, and other resources available in the community to help improve the health status of the population.
Access to the full State Health Assessment 2020, as well as specific chapters, can be found here.
- State Health Assessment 2020 (pdf)
- Individual Chapters
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1: The People of Arkansas and Their Health
- Chapter 2: Life Expectancy
- Chapter 3: Infant Mortality
- Chapter 4: Health Literacy
- Chapter 5: Social and Behavioral Determinants of Health
- Chapter 6: Rural Health
- Chapter 7: Giving Everyone a Chance at Good Health
- Chapter 8: Emerging Public Health Issues
- Chapter 9: Resources for More Information
- Please see the State Health Assessment Scorecard here.